The AHA! Peace Builders Initiative, one of AHA!’s In-School programs, started in 2013 at Santa Barbara High School. It has since grown to include most local Junior and Senior High School.
The program is offered once per week throughout the school year. We also hold a Fall training and a Mid-Year Conference. AHA! staff work with youth in a ratio of one staff member for every 7-8 teens to support them in:
- Building skills for more self-awareness, better relationships, leadership, and public speaking
- Learning & practicing Connection Circle leadership – help others feel safe, seen, & appreciated
- Learning to peacefully & powerfully intervene or speak out where needed
- Being active participants in creating a positive, welcoming campus climate
- Helping build the world they want to live in through the language they use and the choices they make
We welcome interested youth to this program year-round. For more information, please contact Brandon Battle at 805-835-1161 or email@example.com.