Newsletters & Updates
AHA! sends email updates to our supporters several times a year with information about our programs and events. To be added to our mailing list, please email email@example.com
AHA! Sing It Out 2022
AHA! Spring Programming 2022
2021 Summer Recap/Welcome Fall
2020-21 Annual Report
2021 AHA! Summer Programming
2019-20 Annual Report
AHA! Hero Assembly
Launching Into 2021
Boyd Varty Event
AHA! In the News
Check out media coverage for information about the many ways AHA! programs are benefiting our community.
Santa Barbara Independent–Supporting Our Adults
KEYT: Look for the Helpers
Santa Barbara Independent Education Issue
Montecito Journal Sing It Out
Montecito Journal Jennifer Buffet
AHA! Featured in Santa Barbara Independent 2018 Education Issue
Susan Crown Exchange
We are proud of the kudos for AHA! from educators, community leaders, businesses, foundations, and those who have benefited from AHA! programs.
AHA! Peace Builder Teen Letter
Littlest Little Farm Teen Profile–Quetzally
2021-22 Program Testimonials
Dr. David Cash, Superintendent Santa Barbara Unified School District
John Becchio, Principal Santa Barbara High School
Marybeth Carty, Community Partnership Manager at Venoco, Inc.
Santa Barbara Bowl Foundation
Quotes from AHA! Teens
AHA! Peace Builders in the Media
AHA!’s Peace Builders program is transforming local schools and the wider community by empowering youth to be the leaders in the effort to create safer, more joyful communities. PB teens learn to peacefully interrupt bullying and prejudice and use curiosity, humor, and positive engagement to create more mutually accepting communities.
For more information about social-emotional learning, explore the following:
- Breaking Through to Teensby Ron Taffel
- Childhood Unboundby Ron Taffel
- Emotional Intelligenceby Daniel Goleman
- The Good Enough Teenby Brad Sachs
- How’s Your Family Really Doing? 10 Keys to a Happy Loving Familyby Don MacMannis & Debra Manchester How’s Your Family Really Doing? website
- The Price of Privilege: How Parental Pressure and Material Advantage Are Creating a Generation of Disconnected and Unhappy Kidsby Madeline Levine
- Raising Resilient Childrenby Robert Brooks & Sam Goldstein
- The Second Familyby Ron Taffel
- Social Intelligenceby Daniel Goleman
- Stanley the Catby Jennifer Freed, Phd.
- Taking Restorative Justice to Schools: A Doorway to Justiceby J. Holtham
- Totally Wired: What Teens & Tweens Are Really Doing Onlineby Anastasia Goodstein
- Uncommon Sense for Parents with Teenagersby Michael Riera
- Yes, Your Teen is Crazyby Michael J. Bradley
- casel.org– For Info & Research on Social & Emotional Learning
- How’s Your Family Really Doing?