The AHA! High School Peace Builders Initiative, one of AHA!’s In-School programs for area high schools, started in 2013 at Santa Barbara High School. It has since grown to include Dos Pueblos High School. In the 2019-20 school year, AHA! Peace Builders High School programs are serving over 75 youth on both these campuses.
The program is offered once per week throughout the school year as an option during Seminar periods. We also hold a Fall training and a Mid-Year Conference. AHA! staff work with youth in a ratio of one staff member for every 7-8 teens to support them in:
- Building skills for more self-awareness, better relationships, leadership, and public speaking
- Learning & practicing Connection Circle leadership – help others feel safe, seen, & appreciated
- Learning to peacefully & powerfully intervene or speak out where needed
- Being active participants in creating a positive, welcoming campus climate
- Helping build the world they want to live in through the language they use and the choices they make
We welcome interested youth to this program year-round. For more information, please contact Leo Caporal at 562-965-8131 or Leo@ahasb.org or Ana Leyva at 805-770-7200 x 3 or email@example.com, or visit the AHA! Peace Builders website.